I haven’t really written in a while on this blog, but I think it’s a good time to compile some of the stuff i have been working on since the latest blog posts and I’ve decided to release a lot of smaller articles.
A lot of the stuff is available for download or I’ve written more detailed posts about it on the forums, so you might find some things of interest.
I will also put up a list of resources and tutorials which helped me in building the stuff at the end of each segment.
More Shaders (Bokeh + Radial Blur & more)
- Additionally I’ve fixed and added stuff for the deferred engine, such as better support for directional lights, HBAO and tone mapping. You will find the source on github, as always
- The BloomFilter for Monogame (again github link) has been updated to work on OpenGL with a simple name change of the shader file. You can find more information on the page.
- Countless small shaders not worth mentioning have been created, but I’ve also helped with some general monogame things that might be useful:
- Make MSAA work with rendertargets in monogame: http://community.monogame.net/t/quick-overview-how-to-work-with-msaa-directx-too/8570
- An implementation of xBR upscaling for pixel art games
- Basic stencil buffer sample: http://community.monogame.net/t/solved-stencil-not-working/8666
- Some ideas on how to get flat shading to work: